When having a baby there is so much that you will experience for the first time. So much that you need to learn and know about . It can all be a little overwhelming. We are there to help. Together we can share in all the exciting milestones still to follow in your child’s life. Many people attend TOPTOTS workshops across the country. We have the full support of paediatricians and various therapists who regularly promote TOPTOTS to their patients. Based on this, the support from our clients and the performance of TOPTOTS children at pre-school and school level, we believe that we really do make a difference.
In order for you to understand the underlying reason for TOPTOTS, I would like to highlight the following aspects that are not always obvious:
- TOPTOTS is very much a preventative programme. Whilst we cannot guarantee that your child will not have a problem later on, we can do as much as possible to ensure that certain areas of development are well taken care of, for example:
- Our activities are designed in such a way that we can see the bigger picture. We look at the development of a child from birth to preschool. We understand what they can and cannot do and which areas are important to develop. Our activities are then arranged according to the specific needs and age level of the child. For this reason, we like to keep our age grouping as close as possible.
- The programme is designed in such a way that at the end of a four- year period, your child will have covered every aspect of school readiness for this age.
- Our activities are explained to you in each session. As a parent, you will learn new and interesting facts on development that you will not always find in a book. You will become familiar with new terminology which will help later when your child goes to school and the teacher mentions a skill; it will not be foreign to you.
- We expose your child to different textured items every week. The reasons are numerous but the main reason being that we do not want your child to have a tactile problem. We are also not afraid of mess, so be prepared for your child to get a bit grubby from time to time. This is a luxury that most parents do not have the time or energy for.
- Over the four years spent at TOPTOTS, your child will have been exposed to activities to strengthen and develop the following areas:
- Gross Motor
- Fine Motor
- Music appreciation
- Emotional Development
- Social development
- and many more
- In this day and age, most parents have to work, whether they work from home as home executives or full time in a high profile job. Not often do you find a parent who can be a full time caregiver, stimulator, teacher etc. TOPTOTS gives you the time to expose your child to other children and relevant activities. Most parents enjoy the opportunity to discuss common concerns and current trends.
- The focus of our programme is based on perceptual development, therefore you should not expect to see much reaction from your child in the first few months. At this age most of the activities are developing and strengthening areas, which are not obvious, like the muscles in the eye for example.
- TOPTOTS is not only for children who do not go to school. TOPTOTS gives you the opportunity to observe your child in various ways. You will be there to praise your child’s accomplishments and you will be there to assist where your child may have difficulty. You will learn about your child’s
"There are only two lasting bequests we can hope to give our children. One of these is roots, the other wings"